M.Tech.- Robotics and Autonomous Systems
Robots are the future. Join us to build a strong foundation and launch your career!!
- Firm Theoretical Foundation: Students develop a strong theoretical base through coursework in foundational topics including Linear Algebra, Probability, Control, Optimization, AI and ML, Signal Processing, Perception, Planning and Decision, Kinematics and Dynamics.
- Extensive Hands-on Training: Students gain a variety of experimental skills via unique 1 credit experimental lab modules on several topics including Programming of Mobile, Legged and Aerial Robots, Simulation Frameworks like Gazebo, VR/AR and Speech Interfaces for Robots, ROS Software Stacks, Robot Hardware for Sensor and Actuator Systems, 3D Design and Prototyping for Robots, and Game Engine Programming.
- Industry Exposure: via participation in industry-academia collaborative research projects.
- Entrepreneurship Opportunities: RBCCPS has established the Technology and Innovation Hub (ARTPARK) that focuses on fostering entrepreneurship. Students will get a unique opportunity to incubate their ideas through ARTPARK and translate the research into products that benefit the society.
- Exciting Careers: The program is tailored to meet the ever-growing demand for quality robotics engineers by companies and startups focused on developing drones, autonomous cars, robotic arms and mobile robot systems.
- Control and Optimization
- Walking and Mobile Robots
- AI and Machine Learning
- Autonomous Systems
- Human Robot Interaction
- Autonomous Vehicles
Equipment & Facilities
- Asha – the Humanoid Robot
- Walking Robots
- Robotic Arms
- In-house Makery
- Drone Testbed
- 5G Autonomous Vehicle Testbed
- Warehouse Robotics Testbed
- ARTPARK – Technopreneurship Hub
- Autonomous Systems Park at Challakere
Basic Qualifications for Eligibility
- BE/B Tech/BS(4 years) or equivalent degree in any branch of Science and Engineering, and
- Valid GATE score in one of the following papers: Aerospace Engineering (AE), Electrical Engineering (EE), Electronics and Communication Engineering (EC), Mechanical Engineering (ME), Computer Science (CS), Instrumentation Engineering (IN)
(For more details, please visit this LINK.)
How to Apply Please visit the online application webpage – https://admissions.iisc.ac.in/
Application Deadline for August 2023 Admissions- Please check the IISc admissions website for important dates & deadlines
Program Duration 2 years
- Interview shortlisting: All applications are reviewed, and candidates are selected for the interview round based on GATE scores/ranks.
- Interview: Candidates are asked questions regarding basic engineering and mathematics topics and their academic and/or industry experience.
- Selection: Final selection is based on the GATE (70% weightage) and interview (30% weightage) scores.
The students are required to complete 64 credits. Below is the program overview:
- Semesters I and II: Students focus on core courses on foundational topics in Mathematics, Control, Optimization, AI and ML, and Perception. They also take one lab course in each semester. Students select their project advisor after the first semester.
- Summer: Students can undertake internship with consent of Advisor.The summer internship is optional. They also start their project work.
- Semester III: Students complete their coursework requirement by taking elective courses on specialized topics based on their interests. They continue to work on their project.
- Semester IV: Students work on and complete their project.