We are always looking for highly motivated and dynamic people interested in exploring challenging areas of big data analytics, unsupervised learning, spatio-temporal data mining, Internet of Things, Intelligent Transportation, and urban analytics, including novel and cutting-edge ML/DL techniques across various real-world such as cybersecurity, IoT, environment, transportation, social network etc.
If you are interested, you may find the following opportunities at different levels. The successful candidates for any of the following positions may have an opportunity to work and collaborate with the leading researchers from MIT Cambridge, University of Melbourne, Deakin University, Griffith University, Australia etc.
If you have been offered admission to Ph.D./M.Tech programs at IISc, and would like to work in the above research areas, you can reach out to me and discuss research opportunities.
I am looking for postdoctoral fellows (two positions) through the Institute of Eminence (IoE) fellowship/Raman Postdoctoral Fellowship/NPDF.
Ph.D. holders (including those who have submitted the thesis) and Postdocs with prior experience in the field of big data analytics, unsupervised learning, spatio-temporal data (including IoT data) mining, intelligent transportation, and urban analytics are encouraged to apply. Postdocs with excellent profiles are highly encouraged to apply.
Undergraduate Seeking Interns
Candidates currently pursuing their undergraduate degree in engineering (Computer Science/Electronics/Instrumentation/Electrical) or Applied Mathematics are encouraged to apply. Currently, I can only host interns via INSA’s SRF and FAST SF programs.
We have an opening for a Project Associate/Assistant for an IoT-based project on “Vehicular Sensing”. Candidates should have:
· B.E/B.Tech. with 0-3 years of experience in the field of IoT development/Embedded systems development.
· Hands-on experience in microcontroller programming- STM32 ARM Cortex etc.
· Hands-on experience with any open-source hardware boards– Arduino, Raspberry Pi, Particle etc., with exposure to integrate sensors (temperature, PM 2.5/10, gyro, camera etc.)
· Experience on C/C++/Python, RTOS/Embedded Linux
· Experience/Familiarity with networking, communication and routing protocols (e.g., Wireless LAN, HTTP, TCP, MQTT)
· Good understanding of sensors to gateway/cloud connectivity solutions like 3G/4G/WiFi/Zigbee/6LoPAN etc.
· Working knowledge of Azure/AWS
· Understanding/Experience of SQL/NoSQL databases – e.g., MongoDB
· Good understanding of end-to-end IoT/Smart City solutions and affinity to work on a project across development, deployment, and support phases.
If you fulfil most of the above requirements, please send your CV to me at prathore[at]iisc[dot]ac[dot]in with Subject: “Application for Project Associate/Assistant in IoT Analytics”.
The successful candidate will also have an opportunity to participate in research activities with my lab. The salary would be as per IISc norms. Initially, the contract will be for one year, however, it may be extended to another year based on the performance and available funds.