Short Course: Data visualisation for decision making
Instructor: Dr. Anand Lakshmanan, Founder and CEO SIRPI.io
Venue: RBCCPS, Seminar Hall [Map]
Timings: November 15, 22, 29 and December 6 – 5.30-6.30 pm
Requirements: The course is open to students from all departments and disciplines. Participants are requested to bring their laptop for all sessions.
Session I: Data visualization (DV) for decision making
- Art and science of data visualizations.
- Tidyverse and R-programming fundamentals for DV (hands on) programming for non-programmers.
- How domains experts can benefit from the Tidyverse suite of R tools.
Session II: Data quality analysis using DV (hands on)
- Importing, transforming, arranging, grouping, summarizing and visualizing your data.
- Case Study: Manufacturing and time stamp analysis.
Session III: Data quality analysis using DV (hands on)
- Visualizing missing data.
- What is tidy data and how to make your data tidy?
- Density charts and modal diagnostics.
- Case study: Air quality project.
Session IV: DV types, do’s and don’ts, and summary (hands on)
- Iterative data visualization.
- Histograms, barcharts, scatter plots, box plots, facet charts, network charts, and animations and dashboards.
- DV as a prerequisite for ML and AI.