Makery is RBCCPS’s Maker space and enables us to make prototypes combining mechanical, electronics, software and algorithmic elements.
This lab is equipped with :
- Manual and power tools
- SMPS power supplies
- Batteries (Lead-acid, Li-ion, Li-poly) and chargers
- Electronic instruments (Oscilloscope, soldering station, signal generator, LCR meter, etc.)
- Development boards (Arduino, Raspberry Pi, ESP8266)
- Modules (communication, motor drivers, display, sensors, analog modules, etc.)
- Sensors and actuators
- ICs & discrete semi-conductor devices
- Electronic passives (Resistor, capacitor and inductor assortment)
- Motors (DC, DC geared, RC servo, DC servo, stepper, BLDC) and motor-drives
- 3D printers
Aero faculty are developing a custom wind-shape facility which will be setup in IISc’s airfield. This facility will enable emulating different wind turbulence scenarios inorder to test Drones.
In addition, a campus scale drone testbed consisting of a set of Drone Ports is being setup. The drone ports will provide charging, sensing and navigation facilities.
ECE faculty are setting up a campus scale 5G network testbed to support research in both the communication technologies as well as applications for V2X: like remote driving, driver assists, driverless vehicles, BVLOS for Drones etc.